Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving


Part one: I am thankful that my family has not been plunged into bankruptcy by the economic devastation currently underway, and I am equally grateful that Barack Obama has been nominated president. I am thankful that my family has nearly completed yet another year without enduring any earth shattering upheavals, and that our dog is still blessed with good health. In short I am thankful for everything that is positive in my life and those around me while acknowledging that without misfortune (see below), happiness fades into indistinction.

Part two: Before Thanksgiving break is over, I will complete a reasonably fleshed out draft of my article, sift through the results of the survey me and my partner will be instigating tomorrow (boiling it down into usable information), and distill the beach closure and advisory records (from about five years ago until now) from certain choice websites (most likely Heal the Bay or SD Beach advisory board) into a concentrated state which I can use to write both the fleshy draft and final editorial.

Part three: I will

No comments: